Claim Reimbursement

What if I cannot use my Commuter Benefit Card to pay for my eligible Commuter Benefit Plan (CBP) expenses?

When a Beniversal Prepaid MasterCard® or eTRAC Card is not used to pay for eligible workplace commuting expenses, a reimbursement process is available. After the service is provided, submit a completed claim form to Benefit Resource. You can do this in one of the following ways:

  • The BRiMobile app allows smartphone users to submit claims on-the-go.
  • Log into the participant website, under the Commuter Benefit Plan tab, select Submit an Online Claim. Complete your claim form, then either upload it to Benefit Resource or print it so you can fax or mail it to Benefit Resource. (This option is only available if allowed by your plan.)
  • Complete a paper claim form and fax or mail it to Benefit Resource.

How long will it take to receive reimbursement for my claim?

Claim reimbursements are processed every Wednesday and will include claims received by Benefit Resource at least 5 business days prior to the processing day. If you elect Direct Deposit, reimbursement funds should be available in your account on Friday (unless your bank delays availability of electronically transferred funds). Reimbursement checks and Direct Deposit advices will be mailed to you on Friday.

What happens if I submit a claim and my account balance is less than the amount of the claim?

You will be reimbursed up to the amount of your account balance. The remaining claim amount will be paid when your account is funded again with payroll deductions.

Is there a minimum claim amount?

There is no minimum claim amount; however, your plan may place a minimum on the reimbursement amount (usually $15). If your eligible claim amount is less than the minimum, it will be held until additional claims are submitted.

After a service is provided, how long do I have to submit my claim?

Your completed claim must be received by Benefit Resource within 180 days after the service was provided. (However, it is recommended that you do not wait that long in case there is a problem with your claim.)

What kind of supporting documents need to be submitted with my completed CBP claim form?

If you have a receipt from the vendor, it should show the name of the vendor, the type of service provided, the date(s) the service was provided and the cost for the service. Cancelled checks are acceptable as sufficient supporting documentation for a claim.

What if I am unable to secure proper documentation (e.g. receipts) for an eligible workplace commuting expense?

If this documentation is not provided in the ordinary course of business by the vendor of the service, your signature certifies the expense.

Can I still receive reimbursement after I terminate employment?

  • Only services provided through your last month of employment are eligible for reimbursement.
  • Eligible claims must be received by Benefit Resource by the end of the month following your last month of employment.
  • Details regarding any remaining funds are outlined in your Plan Specifications/Highlights.