Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
What is a Flexible Spending Account?
An FSA can save you up to 40% on expenses you are already paying for. Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to pay for certain medical and dependent care expenses on a tax-free basis through payroll deductions. PLUS, the Beniversal Prepaid MasterCard® provides instant access to funds so you aren't waiting for reimbursements.
What are the key features of a Flexible Spending Account?
- Beniversal Card – Instant access to funds and widespread acceptance at approved merchants providing medical products and services accepting Debit MasterCard.
- View eligible merchants with an inventory system (often referred to as IIAS merchants) or 90% merchants (which will typically require a receipt)
- BRiWeb – Your secure online resource for balances, transaction details, online claims, receipt upload and more.
- BRiAlerts: You are now able to receive real-time alerts by text message or email regarding your accounts with BRi. Note: Standard text messaging rates from your wireless service provider may apply.
- BRiMobile App – On-the-go access to view balances, recent transactions and submit claims for iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
- Participant Support – Our Participant Services representatives are available to assist by phone, email and online chat. Click here to view contact details. Additionally, participants can access QuickBalance for instant access to balance information from any phone or web connection.
How do I get started with my Flexible Spending Account?
Contact your employer benefits representative for details on how to enroll in a Flexible Spending Account. Before you enroll, you will need to determine your annual election for medical expenses and dependent care expenses. For an overview of what to expect once you enroll and how to use your account, click here.