HSA Transition FAQ
This page is intended to answer any of your common questions as your Health Savings Account (HSA) custodial services are migrated from HSA Bank to UMB Bank. Benefit Resource (BRI) will continue to administer your account throughout the transfer. While your custodial services are changing, you will continue to access your accounts through the Beniversal Prepaid Mastercard and BRIWEB.
Why is my HSA Custodian changing?
We are committed to providing superior service and support for all of our product offerings. BRI has been working with UMB Bank as an HSA custodian service provider for more than five years. We have found UMB Bank to be a strong partner, committed to service excellence. Additionally, you will have access to additional account benefits through the transition:
- Enhanced participant user experience
- Streamlined investment services with access to selection of over 30 mutual funds with automated investment sweeps and low annual investment fee
- Access to bill payment and online transfers
- Convenient receipt tracking service
Accessing My Account
How do I access my account?
The ways in which you can access your HSA will remain unchanged. You can access your account by:
- Logging in to BRIWEB online.
- Accessing your account on the BRiMobile app.
- Call (877) 342-0825. Provide your card number and CVV to hear your account balance.
How do I log into BRIWEB?
If you have already registered at BRIWEB, you will continue to use the same login to access your HSA.
Participants accessing the site for the first time will be required to register a Custom Login ID. On the BRIWEB Login page, select the blue “Register an Account” link. Follow the instructions provided.
The following are required during registration:
- Company Code: Provided by your employer
- Member ID: Typically a 9-digit ID selected by the employer (i.e. SSN, payroll ID)
- Personal Info: First name, last name, zip code
- Access to email or phone number on file with Benefit Resource
Will I still be able to see my account history?
Accessing Account Funds
How do I access my account funds?
Can I reimburse myself?
You will have the option to reimburse yourself through online transfers or by utilizing bill payment services. After the transfer is complete, simply log into BRIWEB, navigate to Health Savings and select “Manage my HSA”.
Will I receive a new Beniversal Card?
How do I add my Beniversal Card to my digital wallet?
A digital wallet is a third-party including Google Pay, Samsung Pay, or Apple Pay that allows you to add debit and credit cards as payment methods that are accessed via your phone. To add your Beniversal Card to a digital wallet, you must first have the digital wallet installed. Once you have installed the digital wallet, you can follow the instructions below to add your Beniversal Card as a payment method.
||Please note: In order to complete registration, the mobile phone number associated with your digital wallet must be on file with BRI.|
Is my account number changing?
Transferring funds and investments
What will happen if I do not approve the transfer of funds from HSA Bank to UMB Bank?
What will happen to investments upon transfer?
Will funds automatically invest through UMB Bank?
- HSA Overview Video
- How to register on BRIWEB
- BRIWEB: Participant Portal Overview
- See more videos when you visit the Resource Center!
- Resource Center