The Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) has announced a fare increase effective July 1, 2016. While the overall system-wide average is approximately 9.3%, some of the changes will reduce fares and costs for certain services.
The most common ticket services and changes are listed here.
- Bus ticket: Cash fare=$2.00 (down from $2.10) and CharlieCard fare=$1.70 (up from $1.60)
- Bus Pass: $55 (up form $50)
- Student Pass at $30 (up from $26)
- Senior Pass at $30 (up from $29)
- Outer express bus pass and fares: Remain unchanged at existing prices
- The RIDE: $3.15 ADA Trip (up from $3) and $5.25 Premium Trip (up from $5.00)
Please visit the MBTA website for additional details and rate information. If you are impacted by these changes and are enrolled in a mass transit account, please update your election accordingly.
The above information was taken from the MBTA Announcement dated March 7, 2016. Full details available at: