The BRI Difference
Benefit Resource, Inc. (BRI) is dedicated to the administration of tax-free benefit accounts and COBRA Administration Services. At our core, we are pioneers. In 1999, BRI pioneered multi-purse card technology called Beniversal Prepaid Mastercard, which is specifically designed to work with health care and transit vendors. Today, BRI remains a leader in card technology as one of the only administrators to offer a single card for healthcare and commuter benefits. Our IT staff is dedicated to problem solving, product innovation and client requests.
“We had a really good experience with Benefit Resource for our Commuter Benefits Plan and looked to them for FSA services. We were able to negotiate an attractive rate to add the FSA. Benefit Resource provided the Beniversal Card for the FSA and also had online claims submission. We also really liked the idea of employees having one login for all their tax-free benefit accounts.”
– Paula, FSA and CBP Client.
Six Core Differentiators
1. We maintain an in-depth focus.
Our focus on tax-free benefits and COBRA Administration allows us to have a deeper understanding of the factors and issues affecting employees’ tax-free benefits and clients’ COBRA Administration concerns. We ensure plans are compliant with national, state and local regulations.
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRAs)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Dependent Care Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits (mass transit and parking)
- COBRA Administration Services
2. We own our card technology and processes.
While many competitors rely on a third-party card and technology solution, Benefit Resource owns and manages its own technology. This provides clients with added flexibility, allows us to adapt quickly to changing needs and regulations and creates a competitive cost structure so we can pass savings on to our clients.
3. We provide strength through our direct partnerships.
Our direct partnerships with industry leaders have enabled us to negotiate strong protections and resources for our clients and participants while providing streamlined cost structures. Our key partners include:
- Mastercard International Incorporated – Providing worldwide acceptance, fraud protections, and brand strength. Conditions and exceptions apply – see Cardholder Agreement.
- The Bancorp Bank – Leading prepaid card issuer
- UMB Bank – HSA bank partner
- FIS – Card processing integrated with BRI proprietary technology
- Industry advocacy and best practice forums –
Employee Benefits Institute of America (EBIA)
Employers Council on Flexible Compensation (ECFC)
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Broker and Consultant Partners – Work collaboratively to identify the best solutions for clients
4. We are independent and financially strong.
Benefit Resource is entirely owned by senior management. This enables us to evaluate opportunities based on what is right for the company, our employees and the clients and participants we serve, rather than outside investors or venture capitalists. Our continuous profitability over the last decade allows us to make strong financial investments into new technology and product growth. Benefit Resource was named in the 2012 and 2013 Inc. 500|5000 list of the fastest-growing private companies in America.
5. We have a dedicated, service-oriented workforce.
With headquarters in Rochester, NY, our employees are highly-educated professionals with a service-oriented culture. We experience low voluntary turnover rates with an average BRI tenure of over 10 years. Client and participant surveys continuously site professional, knowledgeable and friendly service as key service differentiators.
6. We have been trusted by clients ranging from small employers to Fortune 500 Companies for over 20 years.
“We asked lots and lots of questions, but our assigned BRI Operations Specialist said ‘Don’t worry about this, we have it covered’. It was reassuring to know that I didn’t need to worry and things would be taken care of.”
– Lynne, FSA and CBP Client
Benefit Resource began providing tax-free accounts services in 1993 and its dedicated COBRA division, COBRA Plus Administrators, has provided COBRA administration services since 2002. We have grown to serve clients ranging from small employers to Fortune 500 Companies. Benefit Resource provides services to all types of industry with a key focus and strength in serving:
- Business, Professional and Legal Services
- Cultural and Non-Profit Institutions
- Education and Public Sector
- Financial Services
- Health Care Organizations
- Social Services