Find details on the 2021 HSA contribution limits for individuals and families and HDHP requirements here!
Note: If you are age 55 or older, you can continue to make an additional $1,000 catch-up contribution.
For employers and individuals currently in a plan set at or near the minimum deductible limits, you will need to make adjustments to ensure your plan remains HSA eligible.
Details for 2021 HSA Contribution Limits & HDHP Requirements
Most items are set to increase — items that did not change from 2020 to 2021 will be marked with an asterisk (*).
- HSA contribution limit for 2021: $3,600 (up from $3,550)
- HDHP minimum deductible: $1,400*
- HDHP maximum out of pocket: $7,000 (up from $6,900)
- HSA contribution limit for 2021: $7,200 (up from $7,100)
- HDHP Minimum deductible: $2,800*
- HDHP Maximum out-of-pocket: $14,000 (up from $13,800)