Summer is here – it’s time to get outside and enjoy the sunshine! While we all love the warm weather and longer days, summer can also be expensive. Luckily, if you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you can use it to save money on some summer essentials! FSAs allow you to set aside pre-tax dollars for healthcare expenses each year, and many products and services are FSA-eligible. In this post, we’ll share five ways to use your FSA to save on eligible summer expenses.
- Sunscreen: If you’re going to be spending a lot of time in the sun, sunscreen is a must-have. And the good news is that you can use your FSA funds to pay for it. Whether you prefer lotion, spray, or a stick, there are many options to choose from. Plus, by using your FSA, you can save money on a high-quality sunscreen that will protect you from harmful UV rays.
- First Aid Kit to go: Accidents can happen anywhere, even on vacation. So, why not prepare yourself ahead of time with a first aid kit to go? You can use your FSA funds to purchase a kit that includes band-aids, antiseptic wipes, and other essentials. This way, you’ll be ready for any minor cuts and scrapes that may happen while you’re enjoying your summer activities.
- Hot & Cold packs: If you’re planning on being active this summer, you may experience some aches and pains. That’s where hot/cold packs come in handy. Whether you need heat to soothe sore muscles or cold to reduce swelling, you can use your FSA funds to purchase these items. They’re portable, reusable, and can provide relief wherever you go.
- Eye care: Spending time in the sun can be hard on your eyes. That’s why it’s important to protect them with sunglasses. You can use your FSA to purchase prescription sunglasses. Additionally, you can also use your FSA to purchase contact lenses, contact lens solution, and other eye care essentials you may need for the summer.
- Shoe inserts: If you’re planning on doing a lot of walking or hiking this summer, you’ll want to make sure your feet are comfortable. Shoe inserts can provide that extra cushion you need to prevent blisters and other foot pain. And the best part is that you can use your FSA funds to purchase them. Whether you need arch support or heel pads, there are many options to choose from.
With these tips in mind, you can use your FSA to make the most of your summer while also saving money. So why not put your funds to good use and enjoy some summer savings? From sunscreen to shoe inserts, there are endless ways to use your FSA for all your summertime needs!