Frequently Asked Questions

What if I cannot use my Commuter Benefit Card to pay for my eligible Commuter Benefit Plan (CBP) expenses?

Effective January 1, 2016, eligible workplace mass transit expenses, other than those for van pooling, must be purchased with a Beniversal® Prepaid Mastercard® or eTRAC Prepaid Mastercard. If your card does not work for a particular expense, there is no loss of benefit as funds roll from one month to the next. For parking and van pooling expenses not paid with a Beniversal or eTRAC Card, a reimbursement process is available.

For eligible parking expenses, you can submit a claim in one of the following ways:

  • The BRIMobile app for mobile device users.
  • Log into the participant website, under the Commuter Benefit Plan tab, select Submit an Online Claim. Complete your claim form, then:
    • either upload it to Benefit Resource
    • or print it so you can mail it to Benefit Resource. (This option is only available if allowed by your plan.)

For eligible vanpooling expenses, you must submit a paper claim form and mail to Benefit Resource.

Related FAQ


Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact Us