Frequently Asked Questions

Can I use a Dependent Care FSA to pay for a babysitter in my home rather than using a day care facility?

Yes. The care from a babysitter can be claimed as long as:

  • it was for a qualifying person
  • you received earned income
  • it allowed you to work or look for work

When submitting a Dependent Care receipt for care from a babysitter, you are required to provide the babysitter’s name and address.

For tax filing purposes, you are required to provide the babysitter’s name, address and taxpayer identification number. In cases where the care provider is an individual, the taxpayer identification number is his/her social security number.

View additional information.

Related FAQ


Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact Us