Frequently Asked Questions

If I am terminated or lose HSA-compatible health plan coverage through my employer, can I continue to fund my HSA?

As long as you are eligible to contribute to the HSA, you can continue to fund it even after your employment ends with your current employer. If you lose your HSA-compatible health plan coverage and do not enroll in another HSA-compatible health plan, you will not be eligible to contribute to the HSA. However, you may keep the HSA and use the funds to pay for eligible medical expenses as long as these expenses are not reimbursed from any other source (e.g. insurance).

Related FAQ


Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact Us