Frequently Asked Questions

How do I correct an excess contribution?

To correct an excess contribution, you must request the HSA trustee/custodian (UMB Bank) to remove the funds from the HSA as an excess contribution. The request must include your name, bank account number, and instructions to remove the funds as an excess contribution. The HSA trustee/custodian will process the request and send you a check for the removed funds. To receive a sample letter to request the excess contribution to be removed, contact Benefit Resource Participant Services at (800) 473-9595, Monday – Friday, 8am – 8pm (Eastern Time) or by email:

Related FAQ


Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact Us