Frequently Asked Questions

Does an excess contribution affect my tax reporting?

If you have an excess contribution that remains in the HSA when you file your taxes, you will report the excess contribution. The funds will be taxed at the ordinary tax rate plus an excise tax. If you remove an excess contribution during a tax year, you will receive a 1099-SA document outlining the distribution. You will use this document when completing your tax return.

Related FAQ


Can’t find what you are looking for? Contact Us