Answers for the following Samsung Pay® transaction issues are available on this page:
- Nothing appears on the Mobile Device or Terminal when Checking Out
- Mobile Device displays a “Card Cannot be Read” or Similar Error Message
Nothing appears on the Mobile Device or Terminal when Checking Out
- Ensure that the card reader/terminal supports Samsung Pay.
- Samsung Pay utilizes Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) that mimics the magnetic strip on a physical card. This allows Samsung Pay to work on virtually any terminal with a card reader.
- Please reference this link for more information on device placement for payment terminals
- Samsung Pay will NOT work with card readers that prompt cardholders to insert their card into a slot. These are most commonly found at gas stations, bus/train stations, and vending machines
2. Remove any thick cases/covers on the device as they can obstruct the communication between the device and payment terminal.
Mobile Device displays a “Card Cannot be Read” or Similar Error Message
- Re-attempt payment by placing phone near the terminal.
- Make Samsung Pay the default payment app on your device.
- Go to Settings –NFC & Payment –Tap and Pay
- Check with the cashier/sales agent to ensure that the terminal is functioning properly.
- If terminal is functioning properly, please reach out directly to Samsung Pay Support, as this may be an application or hardware/software related issue.
- Navigate to and touch Apps -Samsung Pay
- Touch the More Options icon. Then, touch Help
- To send an email inquiry, touch Contact Us or Call Customer Service