Answers for the following Google Pay® transaction issues are available on this page:
- Nothing appears on the Mobile Device or Terminal when Checking Out
- Mobile Device displays a “Card Cannot be Read” or Similar Error Message
- GooglePay Transaction is Declined at Checkout
Nothing appears on the Mobile Device or Terminal when Checking Out
- Ensure the point of sale terminal is NFC Enabled.
- At a store, look for one more of these symbols when checking out. These symbols denote a NFC capable terminal that accepts Google Pay
- Hold your phone within a ½ inch to an inch away from the terminal.
- Waving the device over the terminal will not trigger the payment screen on the device
- Hold you phone a different way.
- The NFC antenna maybe located either at the top or bottom of your device
- Make GooglePay the default payment app on your device.
- Go to Settings –NFC & Payment –Tap and Pay
- Consult with the cashier/sales agent to ensure that the terminal is functioning properly.
Mobile Device displays a “Card Cannot be Read” or Similar Error Message
- Re-attempt payment by placing phone near the terminal.
- Check with the cashier/sales agent to ensure that the terminal is functioning properly.
- If terminal is functioning properly, please reach out directly to Google Support, as this may be an application or hardware/software related issue.
GooglePay Transaction is Declined at Checkout
- Verify that the issue is not related to the payment card (e.g., insufficient funds, incorrect PIN, etc).
- If device vibrated and a green check mark appeared, but the merchant did not receive payment, ask the cashier for help. The merchant’s terminal may have a problem accepting payments.